Saturday, March 6, 2010

Brandon Marshall to Seattle


Brandon Marshall is a dumbass.
He's gotten into "domestic" trouble with a lady friend on several occasions. The kind that involve the Popos. He's also slipped on a hamburger wrapper and put his hand threw a television severing tendons and arteries in his forearm. Alright, alright, he was horsing around with his friend, cousin, rented clown, whatever. But he's also caught over a 100 balls in each of the past 3 seasons. The last one coming with Kyle "Freakin" Orton at QB.

He's technichally still on the Broncos. But I get the feeling that they don't want him. The Broncos have placed him near the curb with a "take me" sign on him, slapping a 1st round tender (only) on the much maligned, but ever so talented WR.

So Brandon Marshall was checking out the sights in Seattle this morning (Saturday, March 6th, 2010). Believe me, no expense was spared considering that the Seahawks owner, Paul Allen, is one of the richest in all of sports. At least in North America.

At first I was against the move to bring Marshall to the Great Northwest. Giving up one of the 2 1st round picks, especially number 6 seemed very costly to me. Especially with the pressing needs throughout the team at Offensive Tackle, Defensive End, QB, Safety, RB, and Guard.

But then I heard that Deion Branch could be part of the compensation package. If the Seahawks can get Marshall for Mr. Branch, and say a second round pick, then this is a slam dunk! If the deal involves one of the first rounders, I'm against it. ESPECIALLY the number 6 pick. Those 2 picks (6th and 14th I think?) should go to addressing the needs I discussed earlier.

I'd like this better if the Seahawks hadn't signed TJ Whozyourmama last season. But the addition of Marshall COULD put Seattle right back in the mix of a very weak, and when I say weak, I mean Saved By the Bell Screech weak, NFC West. I mean 8-8 could get it done next season. And with Kurt Warner at church on Sundays, anything could happen in the division. Okay, okay, the Lambs have the cellar all locked up.

But to summarize, I like Marshall to Seattle if he doesn't cost us a 1st Rounder. Because after all, Brandon Marshall although very talented, is a dumbass. If and when he does get traded he will recieve a hefty check and signing bonus. The kind of mulah that can buy lots of tv's, new girlfriends, and lots of hamburgers. And I may stick my hand through the tv, if the Pete Carroll and the hawks, give too much to get a player with questionable judgement, in a non need position, of the current football team, when so many other positions need to be addressed. Marshall is a beast. He could help you win a division, or he could help lose you a job. Something to think about Pete.



All the best to Nate Burleson in Detroit!

1 comment:

  1. Just read an interesting article.

    http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/09/1102052/troubled-marshall-not-worth-gamble.html

    Totally agree dude. We don't need a headache like Marshall. The risk outweighs the reward.

    ReplyDelete